It may seem counter-intuitive, but car accidents increase during summer. Most people assume that the adverse weather conditions in winter would lead to more collisions. Still, the summer months of June, July, and August consistently see at least 25% more traffic fatalities than the winter months of December, January, and February. August sees the most auto accidents according to reports from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
These statistics leave many people wondering what makes these warmer summer months more dangerous, so we have compiled a list of reasons to help you understand:
– Students are not at school. This means that there are more young and inexperienced drivers on the road than there are during the school year. Inexperienced drivers can and do cause significant accidents, so it is essential to drive defensively during the summer months.
– Higher temperatures can affect vehicle performance. Warm can expand tires, which can easily lead to blowouts.
– There is more construction on the road. Construction projects like to take advantage of beautiful weather, so there are more hazards on the road during the summer months.
– There are more people on the road. Summer vacations are incredibly popular, which means that more and more people will be out on the road driving. Also, if you live in a vacation destination, there will be many people on the road who are not familiar with your local area.
– There are more pedestrians and cyclists on the road. Warm weather means that people will be outside enjoying the sunshine and getting some exercise, and crowding streets that vehicles usually have to themselves.
So when you get behind the wheel this summer, make sure that you are aware that your chances of getting in an accident have increased. Driving defensively can save you from an unfortunate and costly collision. If you do wind up in a car crash in Nevada, then call our law firm for support and representation. We can help you to collect evidence, determine fault, file a lawsuit, and collect damages.
Don’t wait, call the Karns & Karns law firm today. We can help you in English, Spanish and Korean for all your legal needs, with offices throughout Nevada and we are here for you all summer long.