Truck Accident Lawyer in Nevada
In Nevada, thousands of trucks may be on the road at any given time. Because of their size, victims of truck accidents suffer severe injuries and sometimes fatalities.
At Karns & Karns, our truck accident lawyers have witnessed the aftermath of truck accidents numerous times. Passenger cars and small trucks are no match for the size and weight of a tractor-trailer or big rig. Truck accident victims can suffer tremendous losses and expenses and we have the resources and experience to all of the legal issues involved in these claims. If you or someone you love has been involved in a truck accident, contact us to find out more about your legal rights and options for recovery.
Common Types of Truck Accidents in Nevada
Large trucks operate differently than passenger cars. They require more time to go fast and to slow down. They make wider turns and may be loaded with heavy equipment or products. Some of the more common types of truck accidents include:
- Rollover – Large trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds. If cargo is uneven or improperly loaded, the trailer can tip causing a rollover.
- Jackknife – If a truck driver loses control, hydroplanes or pushes the brakes too hard the truck may “jackknife.” This happens when the trailer swings around toward the side of the truck to a 90-degree angle.
- Rear-End – Rear end collisions are common in situations where the truck driver is going too fast or is not paying attention. If the vehicle in front slows down or stops suddenly, the truck may be unable to stop in time to avoid a collision.
- Tire Blowout – Large trucks require large tires that can bear the load of the cargo. Tires must be maintained and inspected, and replaced often. Failure to do so can result in a blowout, which can cause debris on the road and can impact control of the truck.
No matter what the cause of your truck accident, contact Karns & Karns to find out how we can help you. You may be entitled to compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses and bills
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Medical imaging and scans
- Prescription medication
- Counseling and mental health therapy
- Medical disabilities
- Lost wages from time off work
- Physical and Emotional Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death (on behalf of a deceased loved one)
Don’t wait when you have a catastrophic injury or wrongful death. Our experienced truck accident attorneys know how to investigate your truck accident, locate the responsible person or companies, communicate with the insurance companies, get you top medical care and prepare your case for trial so that the outcome is fair and reasonable.
Hear what others have said about us
Thank you so much for all the work everyone contributed to bringing my case to a successful conclusion. I am truly grateful to everyone.
Very friendly, professional, knowledgeable and always kept me up-to-date on what was going on with my case. Thank you Karns & Karns!
Most knowledgeable and helpful personal injury firm in town. The best.
I have used the lawyers at Karns & Karns on a number of legal matters over the years. Their skill and expertise is unmatched in my opinion. When my family was the victim of fraud, I turned to the lawyers at Karns & Karns. After a long litigation battle which eventually went to arbitration, I was awarded over $1,500,000.00. The lawyers at Karns & Karns were extremely prepared and I would recommend them to anyone.
I was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident. Bill Karns was with me every step of the way. Even though the other driver said the accident was my fault, I recovered over $1,300,000.00. Mr. Karns was professional, courteous, and skilled. I would recommend him and Karns & Karns to anyone involved in a major personal injury case.
After a horrible incident and life-changing event, Mike and Bill brought hope back into my life.
I was traumatically injured on the job by a negligent forklift driver. I reached out to Karns & Karns when I began to suspect that my other attorneys didn’t have the expertise to resolve a complicated case where the defendant, a massive organization, said I was at fault. I’m certainly glad I did. Bill and Mike treated me with respect, knew the law, and did exactly what was necessary to make the defendant accept responsibility for their bad acts. I recovered $1,000,000.00, and I have Karns & Karns to thank for that.
I can personally attest to the fact that Karns & Karns are perhaps the most responsive attorneys in Nevada. To receive the sort of attention that I got from Mike and Bill is noteworthy.
My experience with Karns & Karns is that they truly care. As a disabled veteran, I can’t ask for any better than two top gun lawyers whose main job is to get the best for me and my well-being.